Prostatitis is inflammation of the prostate, also called the prostate. This disease may occur due to the following reasons:
- Long-term use of antibiotics can cause a decline in immunity.
In many cases, the infection enters the body through sexual contact. As a result, the pelvic organs become stagnant and blood circulation is weakened.
The non-infectious causes of the development of chronic prostatitis include:
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- The structure of the prostate is incorrect.
- Damage to the perineum.
- Congenital pathology.
- Swelling of the prostate.
- Low testosterone levels.
- Hard physical labor.
- Low temperature.
- Stress and nervousness.
Due to the development of this disease or insufficient treatment effect, the appearance of this pathology is also possible:
- Kidney stones.
In addition, prostatitis may occur due to inconsistent sexual activity and regular interruptions in behavior, which leads to the development of stagnant processes.
Some facts to be aware of:
- In order to maintain a healthy prostate, you need to have sex at least twice a week.
- There is no need to delay urination (this not only leads to stagnant development, but also negatively affects performance).
- Regular use of tobacco and alcohol can harm the prostate, so please don't abuse it.
How do you know if the prostate is inflamed?
The manifestation of prostatitis may vary greatly depending on the degree of disease progression. Divided into 3 stages:
- Discomfort in the lower abdomen. Usually, you want to empty your bladder (a burning sensation).
- The problem starts in the genital area (increased erection, pain during ejaculation, premature ejaculation).
- In the final stage, the body temperature rises, pain occurs when urinating, and the patient shudders.
Important note: If we are talking about chronic prostatitis, then in this case, the pathological development is usually not accompanied by corresponding symptoms (or the manifestations of the disease are rarely expressed). The danger in this form is that deterioration can begin at any time.
Treating chronic prostatitis with folk remedies
There are many traditional methods used to treat prostatitis. Immediately, we said that each of the methods we describe below should only be used after consulting a doctor in advance. Remember, self-medication is not only ineffective, it can also make the problem worse.
In addition, you need to understand that folk remedies cannot completely get rid of chronic prostatitis. It is logical to use them together with the medications and physiological procedures prescribed by the doctor to prevent diseases or as an aid.
Garlic is considered to be very effective in preventing and treating chronic prostatitis. recipe:
- Take a few cloves of garlic.
- Throw them into a container (for example, a thermos), and then pour a quarter liter of boiling water.
- Drink alcohol on an empty stomach before going to bed.
There is another way:
- Take three petals.
- Pour in 200 ml of cold milk.
- Simmer for one minute on low heat.
- Hold on for half an hour.
- Take 35 drops four times a day after meals.
Onion skin soup
- Peel the onion and rinse.
- Pour into the pot and pour half a liter of hot water.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then let it sit for 60 minutes.
- Three teaspoons a day.
Combine golden beard balm and asparagus juice
To prepare a lip balm, you need:
- Mix 150 ml of alcoholic extract of Golden Beard with 500 g of linseed oil.
- Place in a closed container.
- Shake for 5-7 minutes.
You need a teaspoon of this balsam three times a day for 10 days, and then spend another 5 days using 2-3 tablespoons of asparagus juice the same number of times. l. Repeat this cycle twice.
Use birch tar to heat the prostate
You need 3 tablespoons. Liter of tar, pour 3 liters of boiling water. Then stand on the mixture for 7-10 minutes. This technique is effective in the early stages of prostatitis. It cannot be used in the presence of hemorrhoids or sexually transmitted diseases.
Poplar bark tincture
We immediately said that the bark should be collected at the beginning of spring, when the leaves on the tree have not yet bloomed. This is very important because during this period, the juice has the highest sugar saturation and can play a therapeutic role. Collect young bark no more than 5 mm thick.
- Grind 100 grams of dried bark.
- Add vodka until the bark is completely covered.
- Persist for 14 days, and then get nervous.
- Take 15-20 ml orally three times a month.
Ivan tea tin
- Grate the leaves of Ivan tea, and pour in hot water in a ratio of 1 tablespoon. l. Per cup.
- Hold on for 40 minutes.
- To remove herbs from the infusion, use one tablespoon a day.
Another formula involves using not only leaves, but also flowers. They need to pour a glass of boiling water. The infusion is prepared overnight. You need to take half a cup twice a day.
Wine tin of honey aloe vera
Aloe and honey are widely used products in traditional medicine. To prepare medicines for prostatitis, you need:
- 0. 5 kg of aloe leaves (plants must be at least 3 years old).
- The same amount of honey.
- Half a liter of red wine (dry wine is best).
You need to mix all these ingredients and persist in a dark and dry place for 5 days. To prevent prostatitis, you should take 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day. l. The whole month. Next, you need to rest for 7 days and then repeat the course.
Lotion and soda
Soda water helps to deal with infections that occur during prostatitis. Both the bath and lotion are prepared according to the same formula. Soda water must be diluted with 1 tablespoon of boiling water. l. Per liter. Before starting the process, the solution must be allowed to cool slightly.
Prepare according to this recipe:
- The crushed propolis should be poured into pure alcohol in a ratio of 1 to 2.
- Keep the medicine in a dark and not hot place.
- Infuse for 14 days, shaking from time to time.
- Finally, tighten.
This medicine should be mixed with warm milk 3 times every day. Proportion: 15 drops of agent per 100 grams of milk.
Tincture on ginseng roots and leaves
10 units of ginseng requires 1 unit of water and alcohol diluted in a ratio of 1 to 1. Hold on for a few days. Consume once a day. If you suffer from insomnia or high blood pressure, this recipe is not recommended.
Wine dip at the roots of Aralia
Aralia has many beneficial properties, which are especially positive for prostate conditions. But the problem is that this plant mainly grows in eastern countries (Mongolia, China, South Korea). In our latitude, it is difficult to find the root of aralia.
If successful, here is how to make the agent:
- Pour 20 grams of roots with 70% alcohol (100 ml) (vodka is also possible).
- Hold on for a few days.
- Drink 10 drops 3 times a day.
The medicine is not only effective for prostatitis. It also provides an opportunity to cope with sexual dysfunction. However, in the presence of cardiovascular disease, this infusion cannot be used.
Dill infused port wine
Mix 100 grams of medicinal dill with 1 liter of mouth. The medicine should be ready within 3 weeks. Drink half a cup before meals. Tincture can reduce inflammation of the prostate.
A mixture of walnuts and honey
For a long time, nuts have been used to restore male strength. To prepare medicines for prostatitis, you must:
- Chop 5 nuts.
- Add half a cup of honey.
- Stir thoroughly.
Consume 1 tablespoon at the beginning of each day. l.
Chamomile tea and bath
To make chamomile tea, you need to pour 200 ml of boiling water into 1 tablespoon. l. Dry plants, persist for several hours. Take it three times a day. This medicine can help you cope with the infection and relieve inflammation.
The preparation of the chamomile bath is as follows:
- 5 tablespoons l. Pour chamomile into hot water.
- We cooked for a few minutes, about 2 hours.
- Add it to the bathtub when taking a bath.
Chestnut shell tea
Remove the shell from the chestnut fruit. Heat the water, boil it for a few minutes, and use it inside. The taste of the drink is not very good, so you can add a little honey.
Pine needle bathroom
You need to boil a branch of a conifer (preferably pine) and pour it into the bathroom. The water temperature should not exceed 38°C. The raw materials can be collected independently or purchased in pharmacies.
The last folk remedy for prostatitis on our list is pumpkin seeds. They need to consume 30 tablets per day. Help prevent the development of pathology and relieve the pain of symptoms.
Can prostatitis go away on its own?
I don't even want prostatitis to go away on its own. Even in the first stage, this is impossible. If proper measures are not taken, the disease will only progress and eventually develop into a medical history.
If you have symptoms, go to a urologist immediately. He will prescribe some necessary medicines. Similarly, the treatment of prostatitis usually involves physical exercise and proper nutrition. In some cases, immunomodulators and antidepressants need to be prescribed.
What is the danger of prostatitis? How does it show up?
Determining the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate is very simple. Prostatitis does not pose a serious threat to human life. However, without qualified medical services, pathology may cause serious inconvenience and limit life.
If the prostate is inflamed, it can cause discomfort in the perineum and lower back. This disease is often accompanied by pain. It can be both painful and sharp. In particular, pain is related to men who have not had permanent intercourse.
If there is an infection, mucus or pus may appear in the secretions. If the treatment is not timely, it will eventually lead to a decline in sperm quality.
Can chronic prostatitis be completely cured?
Statistics on the treatment of prostatitis show that relapse often occurs. In many cases, the recurrence of the disease is due to the fact that the patient does not have enough stamina to completely get rid of the pathology.
Of course, the treatment of prostatitis requires a lot of patience and considerable financial costs. So, for example, if you have an infection and your doctor prescribes antibiotics, you should never stop the medication even if the disease has made you feel uncomfortable. If you do not complete the medication process, the pathogen will recover after a period of time and will be immune to the medication you are taking.
Therefore, although recurrence often occurs in chronic prostatitis, the patient's condition mainly depends on himself. If you follow the doctor’s recommendations strictly, the signs of inflammation will make them unable to feel for a long time, and may even disappear forever.
In all cases, if prostatitis is suspected, the following procedure should be followed:
- Blood test-By checking the level of white blood cells and the Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), inflammation can be identified.
- Urinalysis-performed several times. Allows you to be sure that the level of bacteria and white blood cells is elevated.
- Research on prostate secretions-can detect prostatitis, prostate cancer and infertility early.
- Urine culture-allows you to determine the sensitivity of the bacteria that cause prostatitis, so that you can choose the appropriate antibiotic.
In the case of chronic prostatitis, a 4-cup urine sample is taken. This test can accurately understand the location of the infection. The analysis is carried out as follows:
- The patient fills the first tube with urine.
- After that, urination continued on the next day.
- The doctor massages the prostate. The outstanding secret is considered the third test.
- The urine residue discharged after the massage is the fourth sample.
Carry out further laboratory tests:
- If bacteria are found in the third or fourth part, it means that the prostatitis is bacteria.
- If more than 10 white blood cells are found in the same sample, it means that the prostate is inflamed.
- If there are more than 10 white blood cells, but the bacterial flora is normal, it may indicate the presence of chlamydia and other infections.
In the latter case, the urethra and mucous membranes are scraped, which makes it possible to detect sexually transmitted microorganisms.
In some cases, through a digital rectal examination, adenoma and prostate cancer are suspected. This condition is the reason for the diagnosis, in which a blood test is required to measure the level of PSA (Prostate Specific Drug).
Note: PSA sampling should not be earlier than 10 days after rectal examination.
What tests are performed to diagnose prostatitis
To treat prostatitis, antibiotics, antibacterial drugs (non-steroids), and drugs that enhance immunity and improve blood supply can be used. However, it is impossible to prescribe the most effective drug therapy without a preliminary diagnosis, which makes it possible to understand the form of the disease.
Traditionally, if acute prostatitis is suspected, an ultrasound (ultrasound) is required. Using this method, doctors can:
- Determine the volume and density of the prostate.
- Find out if the venous plexus of the prostate is enlarged.
- Look for signs of abscess.
In some cases, endoscopy is necessary, but in acute prostatitis, this method is contraindicated.
If prostatitis is accompanied by neurological urination disorders, the following procedures can be additionally prescribed:
- Introduce a catheter probe to determine and record the distribution of urethral pressure.
- Myography allows you to evaluate the work of the pelvic floor muscles.
- If there are prerequisites for prostate cancer or non-inflammatory prostatitis, CT and MRI are performed.
Within the framework of conservative treatment, laser treatment, herbal medicine, magnetic therapy, electrophoresis, mud bath and many other procedures can be prescribed. If this method does not work, surgery is required.
Types of ultrasound examinations for various forms of prostatitis
According to statistics, in about 80% of chronic prostatitis cases, pathogenic particles cannot be detected by laboratory tests. However, palpation does not allow us to rely on the correct diagnosis in all cases, because there are not always obvious structural changes in the prostate.
Even when chronic infectious prostatitis is involved, sometimes there is little information on bacteriological analysis. Usually, diagnostic errors are caused by the fact that microorganisms accumulate in the tissues, but do not enter the secretions, which are collected in the laboratory.
In this regard, ultrasound is almost always prescribed together with analysis. This program can not only identify changes in the prostate, but also dynamically monitor the improvements that occur during treatment.
In modern diagnosis, two types of ultrasound are used:
Each of these technologies has unique advantages and disadvantages.
In this case, insert the ultrasound machine into the patient's rectum. This method provides excellent visualization and allows you to collect the most complete information about the state of the prostate.
- Hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
- Postoperative rehabilitation period.
- Benign and malignant tumors.
Examine the prostate through the anterior abdominal wall. This method allows you to determine the size and boundary of the gland and the symmetry of its leaves. The disadvantage of this ultrasound is that not every hospital uses equipment of a quality that allows reliable information about the state of the organization.
What are the possible consequences if prostatitis is not treated?
If prostatitis is not treated, the following complications may occur:
- Prostate abscess requires immediate hospitalization and surgical intervention.
- Cysts and stones form in the prostate, causing severe pain and requiring long-term treatment.
- Vasculitis (seminal vesiculitis), see a doctor only in the hospital.
- Prostate sclerosis, causing urinary problems.
What is the purpose of prostate massage?
Except for stone prostatitis, prostate massage is an operation that should be performed in all cases of chronic prostatitis. In this case, she was also appointed:
- In the absence of orgasm.
- In case of yang imp.
- For diagnostic purposes (allowing you to detect the inflammatory process).
Many men have certain prejudices about prostate massage and subconsciously recognize it as homosexuality. In fact, this procedure prevents the development of prostatitis, clears the infected secretions, prevents the development of stagnant processes, improves blood circulation and strengthens male strength, and improves the quality of sexual intercourse.
However, prostate massage cannot be performed in some cases:
- Severe inflammation of the prostate.
- Tumors (benign and malignant).
- Infections of the genitourinary system.
- Hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
- The calcium form of prostatitis.
- Prostate tuberculosis.
- Violation of urination.
- Chronic prostatitis worsens.
Does chronic prostatitis interfere with normal sexual behavior and conception?
Chronic prostatitis usually has no sexual problems. But this also happens in another way. It is well known that inflammation of the prostate can cause discomfort (not only physically but also psychologically). Painful feelings can make it difficult for a man to establish an intimate relationship with his partner. At the same time, psychological factors can cause erectile problems.
In addition, it should be said about the infectious form of chronic prostatitis. In this case, there is a risk of spreading bacteria or fungi to the partner during sex.
Recommendation: If you decide to become pregnant, make sure to get checked and make sure there is no infection. If found, get treatment.
Why is it important to have sex with prostatitis on a regular basis?
For the normal function of the body, it is important to ensure that all its needs are met. The condition of the prostate not only has an important influence on sexual activity, but also has an important influence on the ability to conceive. This is due to the fact that the secretions produced in the prostate are part of the sperm and are responsible for the vitality and activity of the sperm.
When the prostate is inflamed, the metabolic process in the gland cells is accelerated, and as a result toxins are released and accumulate in the secretions. As a result, during orgasm, these harmful substances leave the body together with sperm, helping to normalize the prostate and speed up recovery.
There is also an important point: For prostatitis, an inflammatory process occurs, which leads to a deterioration of blood flow. With sexual arousal, the blood supply to the penis increases significantly, and during ejaculation, the pelvic muscles contract. All of these have a positive effect on the condition of the glands and help cope with prostatitis.
How likely is the infertility of chronic prostatitis?
In the initial stage, prostatitis is not an obstacle to childbearing. In some cases, there are erectile problems caused by physical and psychological factors. However, as long as the partners are treated and understood correctly, the problem can be solved.
If you ignore the presence of prostatitis for a long time, that is another matter. The development of pathology may lead to a decline in sperm quality: the sperm's motility is insufficient to reach the level of conception. Moreover, the problem cannot always be detected by analyzing the results.
If you have prostatitis and cannot have children, see a doctor. In addition to the treatment process aimed at eliminating inflammation and infection processes in the prostate, diet and vitamins are usually prescribed. Although they do not increase the likelihood of conception, they strengthen the immune system and thus help prevent the formation of new infections.
What if you can't have children for a long time?
The doctor said that under normal circumstances, conception should occur within one year after regular unprotected intercourse. Otherwise, you need to see a doctor for a full examination.
It is recommended that a man accept the following procedures:
- Sperm map-allows you to determine the number of active sperm and evaluate the chemical and physical composition of semen.
- Genital ultrasound-designed to study the structures responsible for sperm formation and excretion, and to determine blood supply problems.
Provides a wider range of procedures for women:
- Evaluate the basal temperature during the three menstrual cycles, and then schedule the time.
- Genital ultrasound.
- Hysterosalpingography-a picture of the uterus and fallopian tubes to assess its anatomy and patency.
- Uterine ultrasound is an ultrasound examination of the uterine cavity.
- Blood tests to determine hormonal parameters in the endocrine system.
In some cases, due to incompatibility between spouses, pregnancy problems are caused. In order to determine whether this problem exists, a post-coital checkup and genetic testing are required.