Physical activity is very important for staying healthy. It also works for certain diseases, including prostatitis. Prostatitis exercise has been shown to have a positive effect on the condition of men, reducing their need for medication. This is not surprising, since even a common set of strengthening exercises (especially for prostatitis) can significantly strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation and aid in the rapid recovery of glandular tissue.
What Exercise Therapy Works for Prostatitis
By exercising regularly for prostatitis, you can achieve significant improvements in many metrics. This effect of exercise therapy is due to the fact that a specially selected complex targets hyperemia, which is likely to cause an inflammatory process in the organs of the pelvic floor in men. If it is too late to take measures to prevent pathological changes, there are exercises for the treatment of prostatitis, which include a complex of breathing exercises and physical exercises for the deep muscles of the pelvis, legs and abdomen. This regimen is really healing because it works on symptoms and works well with what's causing the inflammation.
With physical exercise for prostatitis, you can get rid of the following symptoms of the disease:
- The patient is not worried about urinary retention - the active load of the muscles deep in the pelvis activates blood flow and lymph flow, which leads to less swelling of the glands;
- Less pain and discomfort during ejaculation due to the outflow of free fluid and toxins from the glandular tissue;
- Due to the flow of nutrients and oxygen into the glands, their function is normalized, which leads to the restoration of hormonal balance and affects the overall health of men - irritability disappears, sleep normalizes, libido returns.
Additionally, increased lymph flow initiates the prostate's natural protective processes - therapeutic exercise boosts immunity, promotes faster elimination of pathogenic microflora (if any) and reduces the severity of inflammation. Additionally, a set of exercises inevitably affects a man's overall body, as it boosts the immune system, allows for deeper breathing, and fights blood stasis.
According to the protocol approved by the urologist, physical exercise for prostatitis should fulfill the following tasks:
- Stimulating-exercise therapy complex enhances blood flow and metabolic processes, thereby increasing phagocytic activity in the prostate area;
- Therapeutic - exercise causes the regeneration of damaged tissue by sending more nutrients into the glandular area;
- Restorative - exercise therapy complex leads to normalization of the function of the male adenomous organs, producing secrets and release;
- Protection - By exercising prostatitis, local immunity is formed and the growth and reproduction of pathogenic flora is inhibited.
In order to achieve all these goals, the performance of each sport of prostatitis must be performed according to certain standards. First, physical education for prostatitis should not be carried out in the acute phase, which is manifested by pain and acute urinary retention. Secondly, if there is obvious discomfort during the implementation of corrective gymnastics, it should be stopped immediately. Third, exercise for prostatitis should have enough time - at least 30 minutes a day. Fourth, men's condition should be stable and improved, prostatitis exercise should have time every day without rest.
Types of exercise for prostatitis
The following grading can be applied to the practice of prostatitis, which is formed according to the principles of the complexity of its implementation:
- Simplicity - The sophistication of men, according to Kegel. The backbone of this complex consists of prostatitis exercises, based on the underlying (hidden, invisible to others) manifestation - squeezing the anus and relaxing it.
- Moderate Difficulty - Exercises that can be performed in a lying or sitting position (for overweight men with a weaker base). Such exercises for prostatitis include "scissors", "bicycles", leg swings, gym ball rolling, hip rotations.
- Difficulty - includes a complex of exercises whose implementation requires balance, including many muscle groups at work. The exercises for prostatitis in this section include inclines in a half-squat state, "pendulum", "barbell" exercises, exercises related to breathing exercises, etc.
All listed groups should be included in the daily complex, only in this case the concept of "treatment" can fully justify itself.
The essence is that in order to eliminate prostate inflammation, it is necessary to strengthen not only the pelvic floor (its muscular component), but also the back, abdomen and buttocks. An important point is the normalization of the circulatory system and the heart, which is also achieved with regular exercise for prostatitis.
What exercises should you do every day
To eliminate inflammation, normalize blood circulation and lymph flow, and improve prostate function, the following prostatitis exercises are recommended daily:
- According to Kegel, anal contractions - in different positions (sitting, standing, lying), one method 50-100 times, 2-3 times a day;
- Squats with knees apart - 5-7 squats per set, at least two sets per day;
- Delay knees from standing position (legs together) for 5 seconds - repeat at least 6 times, two sets per day;
- Start in a half-squat position, lean forward slightly, stand up, and spread your arms and one leg to one side at this time—repeat 3-5 times with each leg, two groups a day;
- Lift pelvis from supine, legs together, hold breath for 5 seconds at back arch - 5-7 repetitions, 2 sets per day;
- Start in a prone position with your hands behind your head, lift your closed legs, then separate and hold for a minute, then lower and breathe evenly - repeat 2 times for up to 3 sets per day.
In general, this complex is sufficient to normalize the condition of the prostate. It's important to remember that if pain occurs, you need to stop exercising for a few days before trying to repeat.