Until 20 years ago, prostatitis was considered a middle-aged disease because it was rarely diagnosed in men under 40. Nowadays, acute inflammation of the prostate is not uncommon at the age of twenty. Among men between 25 and 50 years old, 45% suffer from chronic prostatitis.
Prostatitis is accompanied by painful symptoms (fever, pain, dysuria, erectile dysfunction), and causes complications such as cystitis, pyelonephritis, infertility, and of course severely affects the quality of life.
Therefore, men today are more and more interested in methods to prevent prostatitis.
Who needs to prevent prostatitis?
Some people have a higher risk of prostatitis than others.
- Men over 45 years old.
- Sedentary industries: programmers, IT experts, office workers, accountants, economists, etc.
- Drivers, people who like to ride long distances and often use air vehicles.
- Men who are temporarily or permanently in adverse weather conditions: low air temperature and high humidity. For example, people who take turns working in the northern region, climbers, high-altitude construction workers, alpine skiers, etc.
- Suffer from chronic infectious diseases.
However, given that the disease is rapidly rejuvenating, all men should take measures to avoid facing prostatitis in the future.
Preventing prostate inflammation includes many suggestions. One person can follow everyone or some of them. Experts believe that even partial compliance with the recommendations can reduce the risk of this disease.
Diet to prevent prostatitis
All doctors are talking about the role of nutrition. Unfortunately, these recommendations are usually general. But in the case of preventing prostatitis, diet does play an important role. The fact is that a diet to prevent prostate disease must address specific problems, not just "enhance the body. "
Proper nutrition to prevent prostatitis has the following goals:
- Reduce the stimulation of the prostate after eating certain foods.
- Improve the blood circulation of small capillaries and large capillaries.
- Normalize digestion to eliminate constipation and other gastrointestinal diseases. Constipation is one of the factors in the development of prostatitis.
- It provides a good environment for the development of natural intestinal flora.
Which foods can damage the prostate and increase the risk of prostatitis?
- Various types of peppers and seasonings, horseradish, onions and other spices: they can irritate prostate tissue and cause inflammation.
- Citrus fruits, especially lemons and grapefruits, acidic fruits and berries, are detrimental to the condition of the prostate and reduce its resistance to infection.
- Strong alcohol will cause the narrowed prostate tube to become narrow and the secretions to stagnate. The direct consequence is prostatitis.
- Carbonated beverages and gas-fermented beverages (Kvass, beer) can also stimulate the prostate.
- Beans (pea soup, beans, etc. ), mushrooms and offal dishes: difficult to digest, slow down bowel movements and cause gas and constipation.
- Bacon, bacon and fried foods can increase blood cholesterol levels, thereby impairing blood circulation, including blood circulation in the pelvic organs. It is this phenomenon that often becomes the main reason for the development of male prostatitis.
What foods can prevent prostatitis?
- Seafood and fish at least once a week. They contain important amino acids and omega polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are essential for the normal function of the prostate and its ability to fight inflammation.
- Parsley and parsnip (herb and root) can be added to food as a seasoning for dishes, especially in summer. The active anti-inflammatory effects of these herbs on the prostate have been confirmed in numerous studies.
- Various cabbages (cabbage, kohlrabi, kale, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts), turnips, turnips-if possible, several times a week. Studies have shown that regular consumption of these vegetables can prolong men’s health and prevent age changes related to the prostate.
- Low-fat yogurt products-at least 2-3 times a week. They are needed to normalize bowel movements and maintain a beneficial flora.
- Antioxidants, especially rutin, vitamins C and E, β-carotene and lutein, require 30 days or more of treatment per year. Antioxidants can protect the prostate tissue from inflammation, improve the ability of the prostate to resist infection, and can also improve the blood circulation of small capillaries and slow down age-related diseases in the tissues.
important! As for the recommendation of eating nuts, pumpkin seeds or bananas, because they are rich in essential vitamins and antioxidants, experts have a clear opinion: the micronutrients contained in the product are not enough to be provided to the human body.
If a person likes nuts or seeds, he can safely include them in his diet. These products will not cause harm, but will not significantly affect the condition of the prostate. In preventing prostatitis, it is more effective to use a complex with high content of antioxidants and vitamins. One of them, Synergin, is designed to protect the male reproductive system from unnecessary changes. It contains an effective dose of 6 natural antioxidants. Application experience shows that Synergin even has a preventive effect on preventing the deterioration of chronic prostatitis.
Lifestyle-what to look for?
If a man smokes, then giving up this habit will greatly reduce the possibility of prostatitis. Smoking severely impairs venous return, causing tissue edema, blood and lymphatic congestion. The general blood circulation of the pelvic organs slows down, and the prostate does not receive enough nutrients and oxygen to work properly.
Regular sex plays an important role in preventing prostatitis. This is the main method to prevent prostate congestion. However, it is important to use condoms during sex.
People with a sedentary lifestyle should bring more physical exercise into their lives. Swimming, tennis or jogging, regular walks or not using the elevator are all fine.
Gymnastics and exercises to prevent prostatitis
There is also a special gymnastics exercise designed to improve the condition of the pelvic organs and reduce the possibility of prostatitis.
First of all, Kegel exercises should be mentioned. They cause active blood flow to the prostate, strengthen the muscles of the small pelvis, and enhance its tone. In addition to preventing prostatitis, these exercises can also improve the quality of your sex life.
The second option is to use gymnastics that I have been familiar with since childhood. "Bridge", "Candle", "Bicycle", "Birch" are designed to train and strengthen the pelvic muscles. It is recommended to do it once every morning, 15-30 seconds each time, and then gradually extend the total training time to 4 minutes. Such gymnastics will not take much time, but regular exercise will significantly affect men’s health.
Prostate massage can only be performed by a specialist and must be properly appointed. Massage is to directly contact and diagnose the prostate through the anal channel. The prevention process is 8 to 10 procedures every other day.
Many men have a negative attitude towards prostate massage and only agree in the case of severe forms of chronic prostatitis. Although experts believe that this procedure can provide the best results for preventing the disease.
Therefore, a person can choose those recommendations to prevent prostatitis, and he can follow these recommendations on a regular basis.